Five visiting grants for transnational access to ELEXIS Infrastructures: Apply for visiting grants here!
ELEXIS is a European Infrastructure which aims to foster cooperation and knowledge exchange between different research communities in lexicography in order to bridge the gap between lesser-resourced languages and those with advanced e-lexicographic experience.
A key activity of the project is to provide transnational access to existing lexicographical milieus in Europe including the resources, tools and expertise of these groups.
Via short and long-term visiting grants (between 5 and 15 days), researchers will be able to experiment with and work on data in a context of mutual knowledge exchange.
Researchers are invited to apply for free-of-charge access to and support in one of the 11 ELEXIS infrastructures:
- ELEXIS-SL: Jožef Stefan Institute (JSI, Slovenia)
- ELEXIS-NL: Dutch Language Institute (INT, The Netherlands)
- ELEXIS-AT: Austrian Academy of Sciences (OEAW, Austria)
- ELEXIS-RS: Belgrade Center for Digital Humanities (BCDH, Serbia)
- ELEXIS-BG: Institute of Bulgarian Language Lyubomir Andreychin (IBL, Bulgaria)
- ELEXIS-HU: Hungarian Academy of Sciences (RILMTA, Hungary)
- ELEXIS-IL: K Dictionaries (KD, Israel)
- ELEXIS-DK: Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab (DSL, Denmark) & University of Copenhagen (UCPH, Denmark)
- ELEXIS-DE: Trier Center for Digital Humanities (TCDH, Germany)
- ELEXIS-EE: Institute for Estonian Language (EKI, Estonia)
- ELEXIS-ES: Real Academia Española (RAE, Spain)
ELEXIS recommends that the applicant contacts the hosting institution about their project before they apply.
The project application should include:
• a project and time plan
• arguments for why a visit to the particular host infrastructure is relevant for their project
• a budget estimate
The application deadline has been extended to January 23., covering visits for the period from April 2019 to October 2019. New calls will be launched every six months.
• Application form
• Terms and Conditions for applying for a visiting grant
• Review procedure of application: The ELEXIS TA Review Committee will review the applications and notify the applicants within approximately a month of whether the grant has been obtained.
• Principles for reimbursement (TBA)