We are delighted to announce the release of Open English WordNet. This incorporates a large number of improvements from our active community, making it the largest and most accurate wordnet for English.
Some of the most significant changes:
- Linking to Wikidata for over 6,000 entries
- Inclusion of pronunciation information for nearly 35,000 entries
- Homographs (such as ‘bass’) are now distinct
- Incorporation of sentence template information
- Adoption of Global WordNet Association v1.1 format
- Reorganization of syntactic behaviors to reduce file sizes
- Over 150 other community contributions
Open English WordNet
You can browse the new version live here.
- GWA XML: https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.xml.gz
- RDF: https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.ttl.gz
- WNDB: https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.zip (for legacy applications)
Open English WordNet has been developed by the community at https://github.com/globalwordnet/english-wordnet/
We would like to especially thank the team at the Insight SFI Centre for Data Analytics at NUI Galway for leading the development of this version as well as our many other contributors!